We Are Here To Serve You
1. MAKING THE SWITCH TO A STRATEGIC BUSINESS LAWYER
Is your current Business Lawyer’s advice, price and service, as good as it could be? If your answer to that question is no or if you’re uncertain, then we’ll tell you why you should pick up the phone and call us and come in for a meeting with us and exactly what makes us different to the rest.
2. IN ORDER TO BE GREAT, BUSINESSES NEED GREAT BUSINESS LAWYERS
At Strategic Lawyers we get excited when we observe the great businesses we work with becoming even greater through quality, fixed-fee, commercially-minded business law advice delivered in plain English. We’re committed to helping your business go better than it ever has before.
3. WHAT DO BUSINESS LAWYERS ACTUALLY DO?
“What is a Business Lawyer?” and “What types of things do you do?” are two frequently asked questions. The answer to the first question is that the words “commercial law” and “business law” are sometimes used interchangeably, and they effectively mean the same thing and are used interchangeably here. The answer to the second question is that our Strategic Business Lawyers do a large variety of different transactions, for example:
- Establishing Business Entities, Restructuring the Entities, Expanding the Entities, and Closing Down the Entities
- Advising and Setting Up Corporate Structures which include Family Trusts, Unit Trusts, Corporate Trustees, Self-Managed Super Funds, and any Leases, Licences or other Agreements between the various entities, all the while liaising with the client’s Accountant to ensure the most effective structure for the business from a holistic perspective – commercial, accounting and legal
- Business Sales and Purchases, acting for Sellers and Buyers, including preparation of the Contract and Special Conditions when acting for the Seller, and a detailed Contract review, advice and negotiation when acting for the Buyer
- Banking and Finance Law, including Bankruptcy matters, and litigating the Banks
- Commercial Property Sales and Purchases
- Other Asset Sale and Purchases
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law, including Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
- Franchising Law, including drafting all legal contracts to turn great businesses into great national Franchise Systems
- Leasing for Landlords and Leasing for Tenants, including Retail Leases
- All Litigation Matters as required in any court throughout Australia and internationally, including briefing the Barrister who is the best for your particular business and your particular case
- And much more.
These are some of the main areas of “commercial” or “business” law that we cover for our clients. But what sets us apart is:
(a) Our Belief in Making Businesses even Greater through the Law
(b) Our Ability to Look After All your Business Law Needs as a One Stop Shop
(c) Our Ability to Provide High Quality Business Law Advice through Lawyers who have Extensive Business Experience Themselves
(d) Our Focus on being Truly Commercial by Tailoring our Advice to your Particular Business and its Unique Situation to Achieve the Outcome You Want
(e) Our Commitment to Providing Value to Clients, including by Only Providing Fixed Fee Quotes
4. WHY FIXED FEES? BECAUSE WE PUT THE IMPORTANCE OF DELIVERING ‘VALUE’ TO OUR CLIENTS AT THE CORE
Here at Strategic Lawyers our focus is on delivering real value for our clients. So we have entirely done away with the traditional time billing system and instead we do everything on a fixed fee basis, always quoted up front so there are no surprises. We believed that in order to create value, certainty was required, so we create certainty up front regarding the cost of our legal services.
Our ongoing determination to always create value for our clients means that we understand that every person, business and situation, is different and we always take the time to understand yours and tailor the legal advice specifically to you. Exceptional customer service, establishing trust and building long-term relationships with our clients also flow on from this principal focus of delivering real value to you. Hence our legal advice is not just a template or the way we’ve always done it – it’s dynamic, tailored, creative, and properly “commercial”.
Call (07) 4795 1114 to set up a meeting with our Business Lawyers Townsville team who will look after all your business law needs, tailoring the business law advice to your particular business and its unique situation.
Why Are We The Best?
Never again will you be worried about a 20 second phone call or two sentence email costing you an arm and a leg. We actually encourage you to keep us informed about developments and changes to the situation, as often these are important details and need to be included in our correspondence or case.
Our philosophy is that often the best way to resolve your issue is away from the financial and emotional stress of Court. Our views are reflected in the following quote from Abraham Lincoln:
“Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbours to compromise when you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough.”
Here at Strategic Lawyers, we are not afraid to do away with archaic traditions in favour of creative and futuristic solutions. Our service extends far beyond legislative compliance as we are able to work closely with you and all who are involved in the matter, whether it is your family, accountant, consultant, financial advisor or doctor.
Here at Strategic Lawyers, we believe in doing what is best for you. We apply this principle to every aspect of our business, including our customer service, advice and pricing structure.
We know that every personal and business situation is different so we make it our business to understand what has happened and how we can best help you. We don’t categorise you and decide which precedent document best suits you, but instead accept that you are unique and think creatively about how we can customise our advice to suit.
We have a team of lawyers who excel in every aspect of the law, including property law, commercial law, intellectual property, family law, banking and finance law, immigration law, wills and estates, criminal law and litigation. Our use of lawyers, consultants and barristers, gives you access to a wealth of knowledge that is not possessed by the inexperienced, in-house generalists who would be running the case if it was done through another firm. Â
Our adoption of a fixed-fee method of quoting and payments means that you will get value for money. You do not need to be concerned about calling or emailing us because all of our communication with you is included. This means we are able to provide a high level of customer service and build a working relationship that will result in us being able to better understand the situation and provide a custom solution.
Strategic Lawyers is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for you, in a timely manner and at an affordable price.